Hail and Welcome!
We are Silver Branch Golden Horn, a Druidic grove serving the Denver Metro area. Silver Branch Golden Horn is proud to be a local branch of the internationally recognized Pagan Organization: Ár nDraíocht Féin (or ADF). As Druids we focus on the Celtic and Norse hearth cultures, and we are dedicated to the values of Virtue, Faith, and Study.
So what does all this mean?
Simple put SBGH is Colorado’s first local branch of the ADF. SBGH celebrates the traditional 8 high days that other Pagans celebrate, but unlike some other groups we concentrate our focus on the Celtic and Norse pantheons (or sets of deities and traditions). We alternate High Day celebrations for each culture (Quarters for the Norse, Cross-quarters for the Celtic.)
We strive to make our rituals meaningful for all members of the greater pagan community, and those just taking their first steps on the pagan path. So whether you have a little or a lot of knowledge about the Celtic or Norse myths, Gods, Goddess, or traditions you’re welcome to our open rituals.
What makes SBGH and the ADF different from other pagan organizations?
ADF is a religion more of orthopraxy, or "correct action", rather than orthodoxy, or "right belief". ADF will never tell you what or how you should believe, think, or feel. Instead ADF rites follow a general set of guidelines known as the Core Order of Ritual. The COoR are ritual elements taken from many Ancient Indo-European practices and is designed to please the Gods and Goddess, and help the participants know what is going on and why. So if one attends an ADF rite, they can expect the next rite to display at least some basic similarities. This enhances the familiarity of ritual so one may quickly learn what happens when and not be lost.
ADF and its Groves are committed to providing open and public rituals for any Neopagan willing and able to join us for rites. ADF Groves will always focus on one or more Indo-European culture, at Silver Branch Golden Horn we focus on the Celtic and Norse Cultures, but our membership includes practitioners of other pagan traditions including: wiccans and Kemetics.
ADF style ritual also differs from other Pagan groups
1) We don’t cast circle, casting circle has its roots in ceremonial magic. Instead offer to our Gods and depend on them to protect our space.
2) While some groups honor the quarters, we honor the building blocks of the cosmos. The Fire of Sky, The Well of the Underworld, and The World Tree, in Druidic practice it is believed these three Elements are the forces of creation and the building blocks of the universe.
3) At all of SBGH rituals we offer a time for the participants to give praise and offering to whatever Gods and Goddesses (or totem, ancestor, teacher, guide, muse etc.) they choose. We do ask no one “invoke", "call down", or “invite” deities to ritual.
4) After ritual here in Silver Branch Golden Horn, we often have a "ritual feast" or potluck so members and attendees may have a chance for fellowship, networking, and community. ADF and Silver Branch Golden Horn in particular, wish to provide a place for the Neopagan community to gather and have fellowship with one another, as well as provide a place for scholarship and bardic presentation. At our feasts, dancing, drumming, songs, and stories are welcomed and encouraged, as is healthy discussion and debate on the lives and beliefs of the ancient Pagan peoples from which we draw our inspiration.
5) Silver Branch Golden Horn will not condone or tolerate prejudice based on race, age, gender, religion, gender identification, sexual orientation, or size.